TAILORED LIVING. ECO-STYLE.
Selecting a place to live is an important decision and says a lot about a person’s priorities and what they think about the world around them. An individual’s selection of residence can also have a significant impact on the environment, both locally and globally.
Monogram Residential Trust is committed to acting in an environmentally responsible manner by implementing sustainable business practices throughout our portfolio and by encouraging our residents to partner with us in reducing the environment impact of their local community. We understand that fostering the best quality living experience for our residents has to include a responsibility to the world around us.
Monogram has developed a sustainability team comprised of individuals from different areas of the organization, from site level operations to the corporate office. Together these individuals are charged with developing a framework that can be implemented across the entire portfolio, with quantifiable actions and measurable results. Members of the team are charged with evaluating environmental Best Practices, identifying opportunities to reduce our environmental impact as an organization and creating educational tools for our employees, residents and vendors.
2015 Implemented Community Initiatives for all Monogram Communities:
- Use of paper recycling containers in all leasing office and mailrooms.
- Create and maintain a community recycling area for paper/cans/plastic bottles.
- Use of coffee mugs/biodegradable paper cups/plastic re-usable cups & no Styrofoam at each community.
- Installation of light motion sensors in common restrooms/closets/storage areas/maintenance rooms/etc.
- Each team is responsible for working with our marketing team in an effort to host an EARTH DAY event each year.
- Each team is working with their trash hauler to generate a “Best Practices” regarding recycling & composting. Each team is sharing this information with their residents.
- Each team has introduced a mgmt. plan regarding managing their vacant units; adjusting the thermostat/refrigerator temps/water heater temps.
- Installation of programmable thermostats in models/leasing offices.
- Each team has created and circulated to their residents a list of items that can be recycled at certain retailers.
- Moved to electronic application & lease process.
- Each team has created a list of sustainable benefits that exist at their community. This list is share with each prospect/resident. Each list contains; energy efficiency/water efficiency/walk score/bike score/transit options.
- Each team has created a sustainable document that can be shared with new move ins containing green merchants in the area/recycling hints/ways to reduce energy costs/environmentally safe cleaning products.
Community Attributes for the majority of Monogram Communities:
Waste Mgmt. & Recycling
- Portfolio-wide trash/recycling program reducing our community’s impact on landfills.
- Interior & exterior recycling/sorting facilities encouraging residents to recycle newspapers, glass, aluminum & plastic.
- Communities that use recycled carpet/carpet padding and fitness center flooring.
- Clear The Air Program.
- Indoor air quality/fresh air systems that integrate natural daylight & ventilation to improve air quality
- Operable windows that allow for natural ventilation.
- Zero and low VOC paints throughout the community to limit toxic chemicals released into the air.
- Safer, environmentally-responsible green cleaning program for residents.
- Environmentally friendly pest-management system that limits our exposure to harmful pesticides that are released into the air.
- Walk-off mats at main building & parking garage entries to help prevent contaminants from entering the building.
- Smoke free communities.
- Programmable thermostats in all leasing offices, models and common areas.
- The use of zone heating/cooling to minimize electricity usage.
- Energy Star appliances.
- Efficient HVAC systems
- Dedicated parking for electric vehicles.
- Light management sensors in models & common areas.
- Efficient lighting systems in common areas & garages including fluorescents and LEDs.
- Actively retrofitting communities with LED lighting in all exterior/interior common areas and parking garages.
- Placed timers on all exterior gas fixtures(grills/fire pits).
- Irrigation controls such as rain sensing technology & drip irrigation.
- Water efficient aerators, shower heads & commodes.
- Landscaping that emphasizes native plants that require/consume less water.
- We’ve Gone Green Campaign that allows residents to use our on-line payment portal to pay rent; submit service requests; provide comments or feedback.
- Move towards an on-line paperless communication system whereby residents have the option to sign up for e-bills through our utility provider to pay bills thus minimizing our paper usage.
- Community recycling program for cardboard, batteries, ink/toner cartridges, cell phones, light bulbs & electronics.
- Bicycle parking/repair/storage/rental available for residents.
- Portfolio coffee program using recycled materials provided by a company that produces zero-waste.
- Retro-fit existing communities & all new developments with Electric Vehicle charging stations.
- Arpeggio at Victory Park
- 4110 Fairmount
- Blue Sol
- The Lofts at Park Crest
- THE Alexan
- Muse at Museum District
- The Mile at Coral Gables
- Allusion West University
- Cyan on Peachtree